CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

It's Time

This year I turned 32, but honestly I feel much older. And when I recently wore myself out wrestling with my boys, I decided I needed to lose 50 pounds to get back to who I am. To me.

Why am I going public with this? I've tried losing weight before quietly, hoping people notice I'm losing weight. I've even shared my diets with close friends before, only to laugh it off once I was tired of missing what I love. You see, I love food. I enjoy cooking and enjoy tasting even more.

So here I am, all 270 pounds of me, needing to change my habits for the better. I'm going to lose 50 pounds. And if that's not enough, I'll lose more. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

This used to be me:


This is me now:



I don't really want to look like I did when I was 19. I'm a man now. I'm just a man with chubby cheeks and a belly.

Each Monday I'll weigh myself and report my results here for all eyes to see (all 4 of you). Without revealing the details of my plan, know that I'll be watching carefully what I eat and throwing in some exercise here and there.

If you've made it this far in the post, thanks for reading and wish me luck!

18 comments:

The Austin's said...

Good Luck baby you can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

I kinda want a twinkie now.

NewBalance said...

are you sure that picture is you?

Megan said...

i just wrote this super long comment and it must have vanished... GOOD LUCK! It is hard but will be worth it. Here's to being healthy.

Haven't had a twinkie in years. Man, that looks good! If only salad was that appealing...

The Steels said...

I think it is wonderful and I wish you all the luck! I kind of want a twinkie now too...

melanie said...

Good luck. I will be a horrible influence I guarantee it.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Tony. You can do it. Much easier to do without the free lunches from WebSourced.

Anonymous said...

You can do it. I went from 265 down to my current 195. It is hard but we both need to be lean mean fighting machines if we are going to be rock stars.

John

Raven said...

See? Way more than 4 readers ;) Good luck, Tony! You can totally do it. I'm trying to lose about 25-30 pounds (gotta love what pregnancy does to you), so we can cheer each other on. I'm on gyminee.com if you ever want to drop by. I'm trying Than's "Cut the Crap" plan...lol

Raven

Heather said...

I promise to put on all of the weight you lose... How's that for support! You can do it! :)

Birch Family said...

Way to go Tony! Like I said on your family blog, you've got some great, big clankers to do this in front of everybody! Good Luck, You can do it!

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

I am proud of you already just for putting yourself out there.
You can do it. You have got a huge support group. Just remember healthy being the key word.

LisaD said...

Way to go Tony! This is a great plan! I'll be cheerin' for ya!

Penny and the Gang said...

I think you have a big support group here! I know you can do it and good luck with everything!

FormerHost said...

Thanks everybody for the gracious support!

Anonymous said...

Is carolina style bbq on the diet? high protein, low sugar (vinegar sauce baby!).

Best thing you can do is 1)keep a food journal as it really does help 2)Excercise even if it's a little 3)be honest 4)you didn't put the weight on overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight.

Good luck, homie.

Unknown said...

yeah for you, i am trying the same I have thirty to go and it's killing me!!! and you have alot more readers than four!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Twinkie motif! I Did recognize you since I am your mother. Go for it! Forget the Carolina barbecue-overrated in my book.